Week in Review – CW18
This is my first Week in Review blog post, so I will start with a quick introduction on what the purpose of these recurring posts will be: while at work at a customer there is a massive amount of information that I see flying by all the time. It comes from different sources: email, RSS, Twitter, LinkedIn, Etc. There is simply no time to track and keep up with all that information at that time. So if at first glance a piece of information seems interesting I add it to a list to review it in detail when more time is available. I try to keep track and clean-up my “to review” list by the end of every week.
As these bits and pieces of information may be interesting for others as well I will be sharing my list on a regular basis. To start of this initiative let’s have a look at the list for calendar week 18:
- In their Support Announcement for April 2014 article the ConfigMgr team has confirmed that Configuration Manager 2012 SP1 and Configuration Manager 2012 R2 in a SQL upgrade scenario. It is not supported to install a new site with SQL Server 2014. In the same article support for Application Virtualization 5.0 SP2 is announced.
- Also on the Configuration Manager Team blog is the article outlining the updates to the Configuration Manager Documentation Library for April 2014.
- Released: KB2923078 – Reporting Services installation fails on System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Service Pack 1 that has SQL Server 2014 installed.
- Released: KB2931044 – Discovery Data Manager slows when it rebuilds .ncf files on startup in System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Service Pack 1.
- Session recordings from the TechDays in The Netherlands have been published on Channel 9. Plenty of interesting items to catch up on! Click here for a full overview.
- Shockwave in the world of ECM: Wally Mead has left Microsoft after 22 years to join Cireson. One of the first articles about it could be found on PRWeb. Is this an indicator the future of Configuration Manager as a product is at risk? Rod Trent has written an excellent article on the subject.
Happy reading and see you next week!