Microsoft Intune: February update introduces more new features
The February update for Microsoft Intune just got announced on the Microsoft Intune blog. It will be released between February 6th (today!) and February 11th. You can check the status page for more specific timeframes here.
This update will include the following new features for Intune standalone:
- Management of Office mobile apps (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) for Android devices, including ability to restrict actions such as copy, cut, and paste outside of the managed app ecosystem.
- Management of the OneNote app for iOS devices.
- Ability to browse and install apps on Windows Phone 8.1 devices using Intune Company Portal website.
- Deployment of WiFi profiles for Windows devices using XML import and Windows Phone devices using OMA-URI.
- Support for Cisco AnyConnect per-app VPN configurations for iOS devices.
- Ability to require encryption on Windows 8.1 (x86) devices.
- Ability to set minimum classification of platform updates to be installed automatically on Windows 8.1 (x86) devices.
As part of the announcement Microsoft is also mentioning a more frequent release cadence: in the future they will be releasing new features to Intune on a monthly basis.
Have a nice weekend!