Microsoft Intune: March updates quick overview
As announced previously Microsoft is planning to release updates to Intune on a monthly basis. The service update for March is ongoing as we speak and will include the following new features for Intune standalone:
- Ability to streamline the enrollment of iOS devices purchased directly from Apple or an authorized reseller with the Device Enrollment Program (DEP)
- Ability to restrict access to SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business based upon device enrollment and compliance policies
- Management of OneDrive apps for iOS and Android devices
- Ability to deploy .appx files to Windows Phone 8.1 devices
- Ability to restrict the number of devices a user can enroll in Intune
For hybrid customers (UDM) there is also a new feature:
- The ability to create custom WiFi profiles with pre-shared keys (PSK) for Android devices
Unfortunately still a rather unfair balance for those working with a hybrid setup, although in the original announcement Microsoft is indicating that delivering new features for those hybrid customer remains a top priority as well.
More details on the Microsoft Intune blog.
Until next time.