Microsoft Intune: April Update brings more features
A quick overview of the new cloud only –or standalone- features that are part of this release:
- Management of Office mobile apps (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) for Android tablets.
- Ability to restrict access to Exchange on-premises for Exchange ActiveSync clients on Android devices.
- Ability to create WiFi profiles with pre-shared keys (PSK) for Android devices.
- Ability to resolve certificate chains on Android devices without the need to deploy each intermediate certificate individually.
- Deployment of .appx bundles to Windows Phone 8.1 devices.
- Managed Browser app for iOS devices that controls actions that users can perform, including allow/deny access to specific websites.
- Management of Work Folders app for iOS devices.
- Updated Endpoint Protection agent for managing Windows PCs.
- Ability to manage Windows Defender on Windows 10 PCs running Windows 10 Technical Preview without need for separate Microsoft Intune Endpoint Protection agent to be installed.
- Combined Microsoft Intune Company Portal websites for PCs and mobile devices to provide a more consistent user experience across platforms.
- Added Windows and Windows Phone Company Portal apps to the Microsoft Download Center to provide an additional option for accessing these app downloads.
- Enhanced user interface for overview pages within Intune admin console.
Details on when the updates are taking place per service instance can be found here.
Until next time.