Configuration Manager Technical Preview 1604 available
Microsoft has just released update 1604 for Configuration Manager Technical Preview.
The update includes the following new features:
- Windows Store for Business integration – You can now manage and deploy applications purchased through the Windows Store for Business portal for both online and offline licensed apps.
- Passport for Work policies – You can now deploy Passport for Work policies to domain-joined Windows 10 PCs managed by the ConfigMgr client as well as mobile devices managed by Microsoft Intune.
- On-premises Health Attestation Service integration – You can now configure devices that cannot connect to the cloud-based Health Attestation Service to connect with the on-premises Health Attestation Service instead.
- VPN for Windows 10 – You can now deploy VPN profiles with 3rd-party providers to Windows 10 devices managed with ConfigMgr client.
- Software Updates Compliance dashboard – You can now use this dashboard to view the current compliance status of devices in your organization and quickly analyze the data to see which devices are at risk.
And an additional feature for hybrid setups:
- New setting for Android devices – You now have an option to configure Smart Lock setting for Android 5.X devices in order to prevent users from bypassing the lock screen.
On the Technet evaluation center the baseline version for new installations has also been updated. The Technical Preview 5 available for download is actually based on build 1603.
More details on the release can be found on the Configuration Manager Team Blog.
For details on the upgrading experience please have a look at my previous blog post.
Quick sidenote: As I just upgraded a first lab environment with the 1604 TP build it seems the updates and servicing node gets cleaned up also. Previous builds (installed or not) are no longer listed after the upgrade.
Have fun in your labs!