Yesterday Microsoft has made available Cumulative Update 3 for System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager.
Details on the issues that were fixed, and other additional changes introduced by this CU, can be found here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2994331
As we saw with earlier Cumulative Updates the changes related to Powershell are documented in a separate article. Read more about those here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2999304
Stay tuned for more details on how to implement this CU soon.
When attempting to install the Configuration Manager 2012 client on a site system hosting the management point (MP) role and that site system has CU3 installed, the installation will fail.
To work around this issue you would have to:
- Uninstall the MP role first.
- Install the Configuration Manager client
- Reinstall the MP role.
More details are documented in the following KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2905359
Hope this saves you some troubleshooting time!
Yesterday Microsoft has released an update to address issues that occurred with Cumulative Update 3 (CU3) for Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Service Pack 1 (SP1).
The issues the update resolves are the following:
- The SQL Update part of the Cumulative Update 3 installation fails when the date format on the instance of Microsoft SQL Server is defined in the DD/MM/YYYY format.
- The All Windows RT and All Windows RT 8.1 Preview entries should not appear in the supported platform list for new configuration items.
- Task sequences that contain Windows 8.1 as a condition on the Options tab generate an exception when they are changed or accessed.
Full details and download information can be found here.