Last week I promised to publish a weekly list of interesting “things” I see flying by during a busy work week on which I try to catch up over the weekend. This is my second post in the “Week in Review” category and here are the topics that caught my attention during this week.
- A Short Tour of the Windows Intune Documentation Library was published on Curah!.
- Released: KB2952686 – You cannot install an application by using stand-alone media in System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Service Pack 1.
- For those attending TechEd NA next week make sure to check out the overview of Configuration Manager Sessions that was posted by Jörgen Nilsson.
- Sherry Kissinger has published an interesting article on how to retrieve Installed SQL05, SQL08, SQL12, SQL14 version information via ConfigMgr Hardware Inventory
- Brad Anderson, VP at Microsoft, has started a new series on Enterprise Mobility on his In The Cloud blog. Check out the full table of contents here. The first 2 parts on Vision and Evolution were published during the past days.
- Microsoft Project Mohoro is expected to be revealed next week. Some details have already been published here. Mary Jo Foley wrote about this new service as well in a recent article on ZDNet.
That’s it for this week. Happy Reading!
If you were unable to attend the Microsoft Management Summit (MMS2013) and will not have the opportunity to attend Teched NA in New Orleans, then your next best shot at picking up the latest and greatest information on System Center will be at Teched Europe.
The 2013 edition of TechEd Europe will take place from the 25th until the 28th of June in Madrid, Spain. For those of you not familiar with the TechEd formula: TechEd is Microsoft’s premiere conference for IT Professionals and Enterprise Developers, offering the most comprehensive technical education across Microsoft’s products, solutions, tools, and services.
The event is not only the ideal opportunity to learn about the future of Microsoft products and test drive them in one of the many labs, it is also your chance to network with international product experts and fellow IT enthusiasts.
There will be a total of nine tracks, combining both ITPro and Dev content. Keynote speakers have just now been announced as well: Brad Anderson, Corporate Vice President, Windows Server and System Center Program Management and Jon DeVaan, Corporate Vice President, Windows Development will be on stage for delivering the keynotes.
More information on the event can be found here.
Yesterday Microsoft has announced the dates and location for the TechEd Europe 2013 event. Rumours that the event would take place in Madrid, Spain have now been confirmed. The event will take place from the 25th till the 28th of June.
At TechEd you will get 4 days of hands-on learning, deep product exploration and countless opportunities to build relationships with a community of Microsoft experts and peers.
Registration will open next week on February 12th. Early bird registration before March 22nd costs 1695 EUR and will save you 300 EUR.
More information soon on http://www.msteched.com/
Until next time!
(Note: this item was previously posted on my SCUGbe System Center blog.)
November will be a busy month with plenty of opportunity to learn about System Center products and meet people with the same interests. Two events for next month which I have marked on my calendar:
1) System Center Day
This event is hosted by the Belgian System Center User Group, or SCUG. On the agenda are a wide variety of System Center topics presented by the SCUG team MVP’s and some top speakers from Microsoft like Wally Mead and Travis Wright.
Place to be on the 3rd of November is Living Tomorrow in Vilvoorde, Belgium. Agenda and registration details can be found here.
2) TechEd Europe
The yearly re-occurring Microsoft event for the IT professional. The opportunity to update your skills, learn about the latest Microsoft technologies and meet with peers. Having had a quick peek on the session scheduler there will be plenty of sessions on SCCM vNext and other upcoming and recently released SC products.
This year the event is taking place again in Berlin. From the 8th till the 12th of November. More details on the TechEd Europe homepage.
If you would like to meet up at one of these events, make sure to leave a comment or send a mail.